At Star our engineering function is organised into seven cross-functional Agile teams spanning Employee Conflicts of Interest (ECOI), Data, Compliance Control Room (CCR) and Risk Manager, each team consisting of engineers and QAs, working alongside a Scrum Master, a Product Owner and a Product Manager.
Working as part of a cross-functional scrum team, this is a challenging but exciting opportunity for a senior developer to play an important part in a long-term strategy to migrate to Azure, while continuing to develop and enhance our existing platforms.
At Star we have 9 Communities of Practice (COP) which span from Data, server-side engineering to DevOps, API and Architecture. As a Developer you will learn from and contribute to the CoPs you join, and will have opportunities to apply your learnings day-to-day. Star has a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We invest heavily in training of our engineers through Pluralsight and industry-relevant certifications.
- Deliver new features and functionality that will enhance our customer experience, improve efficiency and effectiveness of our core systems. Build new services and APIs
- Improve and enhance DevOps processes
- Play a key role in all Agile ceremonies with particular input into backlog refinement and estimations
- Look for ways to help others, whether this be through mentoring, pair programming or other approach to knowledge sharing
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft .NET framework and development environment including C#, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate (or Entity Framework) and Visual Studio
- A good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Commercial experience of working on an enterprise level application
- A proven track record overseeing the development of a large / complex project
- Experience of relational database management systems (e.g.SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with internal technical staff and stakeholders
- Practical experience of analysing requirements
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills
- Coaching and mentoring
Desirable Skills or Experience
- Experience of Agile & Scrum
- Experience defining, implementing or supporting software in financial services industry preferred
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.