Open positions in York, England
As part of the Development Team, the Junior Developer is ultimately responsible and accountable for creating a high quality software product. They are involved in all areas of the development process from design through to testing.
The Junior Developer is responsible for turning the Product Backlog items into Potentially Releasable Product increments at the end of every Sprint. The Junior Developer will plan and execute and deliver their work according to the company’s pre-defined technical standards, respecting all governance, technical and quality standards as defined by the CTO, Infosec and any other requirements. While individual Team members might have specialised skills and areas of focus, all Junior Developers contribute to each outcome, improving the quality of products and enhancing their team’s productivity.
They are a ring fenced resource for their product team, working collaboratively with other team members across multiple geographies and time zones. They should take ownership of their professional development and continually update their technical knowledge and skills by means of peer knowledge transfer, internal and online resources and attending industry meetups.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents to create a strong technical design
- Implement the software design to company coding and quality standards in a team environment
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
-Testing, including QA & Performance testing
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to learn
- Exposure to an Object Oriented based development environment such as .NET or Java
- Experience with relational database technologies such as SQL Server
- A good understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Experience working in an Agile environment, ideally following the Scrum methodology
- Ideally working experience with ASP.NET and the MVC pattern
Integrity and Ethics
- All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.