Open positions in York, England
At Star our engineering function is organised into seven cross functional Agile teams spanning Employee Conflicts of Interest (ECOI), Data, Compliance Control Room (CCR) and Risk Manager, each team consisting of engineers and QAs, working alongside a Scrum Master, a Product Owner and a Product Manager.
As a Junior Developer within one of our teams, once up to speed you will play a key role in the delivery of our product roadmap.
Star has a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We invest heavily in training of our engineers through Pluralsight and industry-relevant certifications. As a Junior Developer you will be assigned a buddy for your first 6 months – someone to help you settle in to life at Star, be supported with time and resources to learn and upskill, and be exposed to a range of technologies. At Star we have 9 Communities of Practice (COP) which span from Data, server-side engineering to DevOps, API and Architecture. As a Junior Developer you will learn from the CoPs you join, and will have opportunities to apply your learnings.
We are also undergoing a large-scale transformation to becoming a cloud first business. In time you will be pivotal to migrating our current platform to Azure, migrating the stack to .Net core and re-engineering the platform from a monolithic to microservice base architecture.
- Deliver new features and functionality that will enhance our customer experience, improve efficiency and effectiveness of our core systems.
- Play a key role in all Agile ceremonies from daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives
- Look for ways to learn from and help others, whether this be through pair programming or other knowledge sharing approach
- As the team grows you may be asked to buddy with new developers to help them through their first months at Star
Skills AND Experience
- Exposure to an Object-Oriented based development environment such as .NET or Java
- A good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- A demonstrable interest in technology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills
Integrity and Ethics
- All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.