Open positions in York, England
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintaining a highly secure and operational infrastructure for the benefit of our customers, employees and stakeholders. This will include interactions with our third-party infrastructure partners. To be successful, the person in this role must have strong networking skills and technical knowledge with good decision-making, excellent communication skills, and enjoy working hands-on under pressure. This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations. Successful candidates will need to be passionate about the StarCompliance brand identity and understand the solutions that the company provides.
ResponsibilitiesProduction Support Duties:
- Resolve Client Technical Support Issues (Managed Service Desk)
- Manage priority of inbound support requests
- Respond to client issues within targeted response times specified in SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Communicate ticket status with team members and clients
- Document in detail the resolution of each issue within our Service Desk ticketing system
- 24x7 On-call Availability (rotating schedule)
-Cloud technologies for Hybrid environments
-Configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the:
-Physical & Virtual Servers
-VLANs, LANs, WANs, wireless networks, firewalls, switches and routers
-Active Directory, DNS, NAT, firewall rule tables and VPN
-Web Application Firewalls
-Vulnerability Management Solutions
-Endpoint Protection and Patch Management solutions
-Asset Management solutions
-Network monitoring and security solutions
-Disaster Recovery site
- Ensuring infrastructure is up-to-date on all security and system patches and updates, including server operating systems, virus definitions, IT administrative applications, and infrastructure firmware.
- Maintaining client end point and systems inventories, network topology diagrams, and service catalogs for systems and infrastructure.
- Researching new technologies, processes, and methodologies.
- Responding to equipment incidents at the remote data center facility
- Mentor team members and lead by example
- Participate in our Communities of Practice
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with the following technologies/software/applications and tasks is required:
-Next Generation Firewalls and layer 3 switches (Cisco)
-Expert level understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP);
-IP filtering and firewalling; Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS)
-Quality of Service; MPLS; Ethernet (STP, RSTP, .1q VLANs.
-Microsoft networking and products (AD, group policy, profiles, SQL, Exchange etc.)
-VMware, ESXi, vSphere, vCenter and Dell EMC storage appliances
Transferable Skills, Knowledge or Experience
Exceptional time management skills toward managing priorities effectively.
Strong attention to detail, methodical and organised.
Strong analytical skills.
Ability to develop working relationships with offshore team members.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Financial services experience beneficial, but not essential.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar technical degree.