As part of the R&D organisation, the Data Architect is an integral role and will drive future data architectural decisions, including a Cloud data strategy, data warehouse modernisation and data delivery platform.
Working outside of the scrum teams, the Data Architect helps mentor and guide the teams regarding data design and architecture, Cloud technologies, and ensures relevant industry best practices, processes and technologies are utilised.
Acting as an SME for data they possess deep technical hands-on expertise within a wide range of data related technologies.
At Star we have 9 Communities of Practice (CoP) which span from Data, server-side engineering to DevOps, API and Architecture. You will be a key member of the Data CoP, learn from and contribute to all CoPs you join, and will have opportunities to apply your learnings day-to-day.
Star has a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We invest heavily in training of our R&D team through Pluralsight and industry-relevant certifications.
Production Support Duties:
- Resolve Client Technical Support Issues (Managed Service Desk)
- Manage priority of inbound support requests
- Respond to client issues within targeted response times specified in SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Communicate ticket status with team members and clients
- Document in detail the resolution of each issue within our Service Desk ticketing system
- 24x7 On-call Availability (rotating schedule)
Production, non-production and internal office infrastructure support of multi-tier web application environments, networks and enterprise systems that includes:
- Cloud technologies for Hybrid environments
- Configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the:
— Physical & Virtual Servers
— Hypervisor (VMWare)
— VLANs, LANs, WANs, wireless networks, firewalls, switches and routers
— Active Directory, DNS, NAT, firewall rule tables and VPN
— Web Application Firewalls
— DDoS solutions
— SAN Arrays
— Data Domains
— Backup solutions
— Vulnerability Management Solutions
— Endpoint Protection and Patch Management solutions
— Asset Management solutions
— Network monitoring and security solutions
— Disaster Recovery site
- Ensuring infrastructure is up-to-date on all security and system patches and updates, including server operating systems, virus definitions, IT administrative applications, and infrastructure firmware.
- Maintaining client end point and systems inventories, network topology diagrams, and service catalogs for systems and infrastructure.
- Researching new technologies, processes, and methodologies.
- Responding to equipment incidents at the remote data center facility
- Mentor team members and lead by example
- Participate in our Communities of Practice
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with the following technologies/software/applications and tasks is required:
— Next Generation Firewalls and layer 3 switches (Cisco)
— Expert level understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP);
— IP filtering and firewalling; Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS)
— Quality of Service; MPLS; Ethernet (STP, RSTP, .1q VLANs.
— Microsoft networking and products (AD, group policy, profiles, SQL, Exchange etc.)
— VMware, ESXi, vSphere, vCenter and Dell EMC storage appliances
Transferable Skills and Experience
- Exceptional time management skills toward managing priorities effectively.
- Strong attention to detail, methodical and organised.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships with offshore team members.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial services experience beneficial, but not essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar technical degree.
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.