You are a senior tester and will play a key role in the delivery of our Data team roadmap. We are about to undertake the build of our first cloud-based data warehouse. You will be key to this project, working with the Data Architect and wider team to implement the testing tooling and processes. As we make the shift to Azure, you will be at the forefront of this transition, giving you the opportunity to help shape Star’s cloud testing and deployment strategy.
At Star we have 9 Communities of Practice (COP) which span from Data, server-side engineering to DevOps, API and Architecture. As an Automation Tester you will learn from and contribute to the CoPs you join (which will include the QA CoP), and will have opportunities to apply your learnings day-to-day.
Star has a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We invest heavily in training of our engineers through Pluralsight and industry-relevant certifications.
- Participate in the design, testing and deployment of a cloud-based data warehouse in Snowflake on top of Azure
- Drive the automation strategy within the data team
- Evaluate, recommend and implement automated tooling and best practices
- Lead on improving test coverage and release velocity
- Ensure testing is automated within CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Play a key role in all Agile ceremonies with particular input into backlog refinement and estimations
- Look for ways to help others, whether this be through mentoring, pair programming or other approach to knowledge sharing
- As we continue to grow our teams you may be asked to buddy with new starters
- A proven track record automating the testing large-scale, enterprise level cloud data warehouse solutions in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrable experience of building automation frameworks
- Solid experience/knowledge of an enterprise level relational database management system (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Self-organisation, effective planner and motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with internal technical staff and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to investigate and evaluate new technologies
- Ideally relevant certifications (ISTQB, Azure, AWS, GPC).
- Experience of Agile & Scrum
- Desirable experience with other forms of automation testing e.g. UI testing
- Experience of implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps would be greatly beneficial
- Experience defining, implementing or supporting software in financial services industry preferred
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.