Open position in York, England
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products and journeys for our clients and users.
At Star our engineering function is organised into seven cross functional Agile teams spanning Employee Conflicts of Interest (ECOI), Data, Compliance Control Room (CCR) and Risk Manager, each team consisting of engineers and QAs, working alongside a Scrum Master, a Product Owner and a Product Manager.
The UI UX Designer will span the different product teams, and work collaboratively with other team members across multiple geographies and time zones. The UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, prototyping, research and testing, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframing tools. We are looking for someone who can come up with ideas that make sense to the users and both the business and the digital team, and having the gravitas and expertise to see them through. If you have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our customers’ and users’ needs and help us grow our customer base. It's an exciting time to join Star and in this role there will be an opportunity to drive and champion user centred designed thinking across the business for our existing and new products.
- Gathering and evaluating user and design requirements, in collaboration with product managers, customers, business stakeholders and development teams
- Leading workshops, design sprints, working within engineering sprint teams within agile SDLC, to elicit user and design requirements, refining these, and pushing back where necessary.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Sketching, concepting, user research and guerilla testing, constructing customer journeys, wireframing and prototyping
- Develop low fidelity and high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Implementing and maintaining a design system alongside engineers, business teams and customers
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images Work with the R&D team and marketing to ensure UX/UI brand principles and best practices are adhered to
Skills AND Experience
- Proven commercial experience of designing UI/UXs for enterprise business applications
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision).
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various teams, stakeholders and customers.
- Motivated to learn, highly inquisitive problem solver.
- Experience in financial services industry preferred.