Open positions in York, England & Rockville, Maryland
StarCompliance, a global leader in financial compliance software solutions, needs system administrators for its growing in-house infrastructure team.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining a highly secure and operational infrastructure for the benefit of our customers, employees and stakeholders. This will include interactions with our third-party infrastructure partners. To be successful, the person in this role must have strong technical knowledge with good decision-making, excellent communication skills, and enjoy working hands-on under pressure. An awareness or interest in Information Security is required to assist the Infrastructure Team in internal projects and communications to prospects and current clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Production support of a multi-tier web application environment that includes:
- Server provisioning
- Creating and updating DNS entries, and firewall rule tables
- Managing the VMware environment
- Managing Endpoint protection and patch management solutions
- Monitoring and maintaining SAN storage
- Responding to hardware incidents at the remote data center facility
- Managing backup operations and maintenance
- Internal support for StarCompliance’s office infrastructure and employees that includes:
- User administration (including Exchange/SharePoint on Office365)
- Desktop support and troubleshooting for employees
- Hardware maintenance including Servers, Laptops and Desktops
- Support of the development environment
- Patching and networking
- IP telephony support
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Laptop and Desktop provisioning
- Microsoft Technology Stack:
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
- SQL Server 2016
- Windows 10
- Bitlocker Encryption
- Active Directory
- IIS 8.5+
- VMware vSphere 5.5, 6.0+
- General networking skills (DNS, NAT, filter rules, VPN)
- Exchange/SharePoint administration (Office365 experience a bonus)
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Red Hat Linux
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- Dell PowerConnect switch hardware
- EMC VNX SAN storage hardware
- Symantec BackupExec and tape hardware
- IP telephony/VoIP systems
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server and development environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Team player with excellent communication (client-facing experience a bonus)
- Can produce clear and professional documentation
- Flexible around working hours (for both out of hours support, and to cover time zone differences)
- Willing to travel as required
- Full clean driving license
To apply, or for more information on this chance to get in with a fast-growing company in a fast-growing field, contact Dale Sanders, Director of Technical Operations at StarCompliance, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.