Accelerate your career with a thought leadership position as Sr. Staff Accountant in a rapidly growing and dynamic business. There are no boundaries on where this position can grow, and we routinely promote employees that show strong leadership and the ability to innovate. This position starts with leading the payments cycle to ensure that all stakeholders have what they need (think cash forecasting, expense management, vendor payments) but the real magic is around the ability to continuously think through how we can improve our outcomes through process enhancement and leveraging technology. The ability to understand business needs and proactively communicate is fundamental to success in this position. If you love to work on cross-functional business issues and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by people like yourself then we should talk.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Own multiple monthly close activities and progress in responsibility as you gain new skills
- Lead day-to-day cash cycle operations in a dynamic and growing environment
- Ensure that all stakeholders have what they need to keep our business moving forward (this includes daily cash forecasting, payments/reconciliations, expense management)
- Advise internal customers on spending YTD relative to their budgets
- Continuously work with key internal clients to identify informational needs and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Provide a clear, consistent and visible dashboard for key items
- Participate in or lead implementation of process enhancements and new technology implementation relating to the revenue cycle
- Prepare routine and ad-hoc reports on financial and operational performance
- Work with controller to develop and carry out long-term financial goals and plans for major capital investments
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and self-awareness are essential
- Demonstrated ability/desire to improve processes
- Practical experience with building technology ecosystems to create scalable processes across departments
- Experience with mid-range accounting software and financial reporting tool is required; proficiency in NetSuite or Sage Intacct is preferred
- Public accounting a plus but not required
- 2-4 years experience
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.
StarCompliance is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.