Open positions in York, England
StarCompliance have an in-house software development team located on the University of York Science Park on the University of York campus. This is an excellent opportunity to be creative, increase your technical skills and be mentored by some of the smartest developers in the area working for a rapidly expanding dynamic company.
Due to expansion we would like a number of talented, motivated individuals to help complement the talent and passion we have for working with cutting edge software tools. You will report to the Development Manager and work alongside a mature software development team.
Duties and responsibilities
- To participate with a team in the design, development, testing and deployment of a generous sized software product.
- To lead technically one (or a number) of Junior Software Developers in project work
- Work in a team using framework
- Implement the software design to coding standards in a team environment.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit tests.
- Excellent Degree Qualification and Academic Record
- Java Script
- Excellent communication skills
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills
- Flexible attitude and ability to perform under pressure
- A wide range of interests and a sense of humour
Additional Knowledge and Skills (Desirable)
- C#.Net within a commercial environment
- Visual Studio
- MVC .Net
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server Team System
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Object Oriented Design and Development