Senior Technical Services Analyst
Open positions in Rockville, MD and York, England
Technical Services Analysts are an integral function within StarCompliance and work directly with Client Services, Professional Services, Development, Relationship Management and Sales. Technical knowledge is therefore paramount to this role as the knowledge is shared across many different departments. This position reports to the Associate Director, Head of Technical Services. Successful candidates will need to be passionate about the StarCompliance brand identity and understand the solutions that the company provides.
ResponsibilitiesOperational DBA (40%)
- Database administration of SQL Server Production and UAT instances.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016.
- Database authentication modes, creation of users, configuring permissions and assigning roles to users.
- Transact-SQL – Views, Stored Procedures and Scalar / Table functions.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, scheduling DTS and SSIS Packages.
- Indexing, statistics and performance tuning.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and optimizing the queries, tracing long running queries and deadlocks.
- Provide 2nd level major and minor incident resolution support.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the StarCompliance software application to understand and resolve technical issues.
- Coordinate, execute, verify client application upgrades (outside of US and UK core hours as required).
- Deployment of customer application specific patches / arrangements.
- Handle escalations around receiving daily and intraday file feeds.
- Categorization / reporting of incidents to an agreed scale of impact/severity/priority.
- Deliver agreed SLAs for uptime for servers.
- Being pro-active on resolving operational alerts.
- Travel to client locations within Europe and North America on an as-needed basis to install software and upgrades, as required.
- Assist clients with single sign-on authentication setup and testing.
- Test files transmissions and importing into application.
- Writing and modifying custom reports and data exports.
- Investigating application server issues including performance.
- Create and manage FTP accounts and access permissions.
- Able to investigate and implement automation of production service delivery.
- Support business analysts on software implementation projects, from sales demo and proof of concept through to UAT and production systems.
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- T-SQL – Entry-level experience
- SQL Server 2012/2016 – Intermediate experience
- Microsoft IIS 10
- Stored Procedures / Views / Functions
- Minimum 5-7 years in a similar technical role.
- Experience implementing and supporting multi-tier web applications on a Microsoft technology platform (SQL Server and IIS).
- Exceptional time management skills toward managing priorities effectively.
- Strong attention to detail, methodical and organised.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop working relationships with offshore team members.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial services experience beneficial, but not essential.