Open position in Rockville, Maryland
The Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting the Sales Executives as the product expert throughout the pre-sales processes necessary to win new business. They are responsible for educating prospective clients on the products, conducting initial product demonstrations and proof of concepts, managing and ensuring completion of technical deliverables including Request for Proposals. Sales Engineers report directly to the Head of Relationship Management and Sales Engineering. The position requires strong, effective communication and presentation skills, attention to detail, and a motivation to drive revenue. Communicating accurate, concise, and clear information in both verbal and written formats is essential. Strong new business acumen is imperative.
- Configure prospect directed application scenarios and workflows
- Conduct live demonstrations of the product to prospect business users and senior executives
- Work closely with Product Team to identify product enhancements and communicate roadmap commitments
- Own client required technical questionnaires and manage their completion across multiple internal business units
- Administer prospect evaluations and trials of the software
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- College Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Business Analysts/Technical Role.
- Ability to present software solutions to various levels of seniority including senior executives.
- Ability to identify the prospect operating environment and adapt a demonstration in real time to changing feedback
- Highly structured, organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to interact in a professional manner at all levels, both internally and externally
- 50% travel required, some international on occasion.
Transferable Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Familiarity with cloud based web applications and product workflows
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experienced in Salesforce CRM application
- Proven dynamic, enthusiastic presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple deliverable deadlines in parallel
- Experience working with financial services firms
Integrity and Ethics
- All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.