Professional Services Business Analyst
Open positions in Rockville, Maryland
StarCompliance Software offers a highly configurable web-based application for managing and enforcing a firm’s personal code of ethics. The application automates firm-wide business processes to increase compliance workflow efficiencies while reducing operational risks. The Business Analyst is a client facing role with primary responsibilities for soliciting system configuration requirements, providing implementation services, and identifying market requirements for future product development. This involves being an intermediary between the end client, product development, customer support, quality assurance and sales. Through the life cycle of implementations, the Business Analyst will identify new feature requests and enhancements. Writing functional specifications will also be required. Up to 20% travel required.
- Identify client-defined configuration requirements
- Create, maintain and manage implementation project plans
- Assist client firms with the initial roll-out of the application firm-wide
- Provide initial client training and implementation support
- Facilitate user feedback sessions to identify problem areas and clarify feature requests
- Identify and escalate potential roadblocks/issues and work with Account Management for resolution.
- Transition clients to customer support for ongoing support and on-demand assistance
- Assist quality assurance with software testing and prioritize incidents for resolution
- Provide input to internal processes for managing the development priorities and product roadmap
- Manage client and stakeholder expectations throughout the product lifecycle
- Assist customer support in the event of staff absence
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills working with clients and internal technical staff
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills to document project requirements and track milestones
- Excellent attention to detail and process-driven methodologies
- Proactive approach to leading a team, managing a project, and problem resolution
- 3- 5 years as a business analyst or implementation consultant in software or information services
Desirable Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Previous experience working with colleagues in a different time zone preferred.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous
- Experience defining, implementing or supporting software in financial services industry preferred
- Knowledge of code of ethics regulations and compliance risks ideal but not required.