We are looking for a Product Owner to help us deliver solutions that address our customers’ and users’ needs and help us grow our customer base. It's an exciting time to join Star and in this role, there is a great opportunity to add value to the products.
At Star, our engineering function is organised into cross functional Agile teams spanning Employee Conflicts of Interest (ECOI), Data, Compliance Control Room (CCR) and User Management. Each team consists of engineers and QAs, working alongside Scrum Master/Product Owner/Product Manager.
The Product Owner will sit in one of the teams above and work collaboratively
with other team members across multiple geographies and time zones. Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Owner will liaise with stakeholders, and collaborate with the Development Team to ensure that they build the “right things”, supported by a Technical Author and UI UX Designer.
At Star we have Communities of Practice (CoP) which span from Product Management, Data, server-side engineering to DevOps, API and Architecture. As a Product Owner you will naturally join the Product Management CoP but are welcome to join others too. You will learn from and contribute to the CoPs you join, and will have opportunities to apply your learnings day-to-day.
Star has a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We invest heavily in training of our whole R&D department through Pluralsight and industry-relevant certifications.
- Converting product and technical roadmaps into well-defined and prioritised product backlog, and deliver a return on investment through managing the value in the product.
- Working with different stakeholder constituencies on a regular basis and reflecting needs and required capabilities within the Product Backlog
- Planning Sprint Goals and helping to steer the Development Team throughout the Sprint to achieve the Sprint goal by being available to clarify questions and solve business or user problems for the Team
- Working with the Development Team to refine the Product Backlog for future Sprints; outside of Product Backlog refinement time the Product Owner will also be focused on future Sprints to ensure the team is able to deliver high value every sprint
- Eliciting requirements and feedback from the internal product team as well as research industry trends to improve business processes and product feature functionality
- Capturing user stories and acceptance criteria to communicate clear product objectives and requirements
- Translating requirements into user stories and specifications
- Communicating with technical and business teams to ensure adherence to product vision and proactively evaluating and communicating risks
- Managing feature design priorities and building consensus on functionality decisions
- Working with the Development Team to schedule items based on technical dependency
- Producing any business metrics (ie TTM per feature, estimated cost per feature) that are required by senior management or other organisational stakeholders, and would work with the Scrum Master and Development team to produce any estimates when required. Update stakeholders as required
- Working with Stakeholders and the team to produce a Product Roadmap which needs to be continuously inspected and adapted
- Managing portfolio/pipeline
- Considering future releases and product impacts in the wider organisation
Skills and Experience
- Proven commercial experience as a Product Owner working within Scrum environment
- Commercial ‘savvy’ – knowing when to prioritise features with regard to commercial vs technical requirements
- User journey mapping
- Capable of efficiently gathering information and making many real-time decisions in order to allow the Development Team to maintain its velocity and predictability.
- Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills
- Be able to work independently, anticipating and resolving problems
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative/critical thinking capabilities
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various teams, stakeholders and customers
- Motivated to learn, highly inquisitive problem solver
- Experience in financial services industry preferred
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.