Product Business Analyst
OPEN POSITION IN YORK, ENGLAND
The Product Business Analyst will create developer-ready product specifications that may include user stories, prototypes and workflow diagrams. The role will work closely with product management to detail identified market and customer requirements in order to extend and improve StarCompliance’s leading global employee conflict of interest platform.
The business analyst role will deliver requirements to the development team for execution whilst maintaining an active role throughout the development process to ensure accurate completion of all business objectives and goals and be on hand to answer questions regarding scope, functionality and purpose.
- Understand customer project and/or product business goals; articulate the product’s vision describing key users and user scenarios
- Manage the product backlog working with the Product Lead to ensure that features are prioritized according to key user scenarios and business priorities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams comprising of product management, user experience, development, quality assurance and other subject matter experts to gather information needs and functionality requirements, dependencies and impacts and to facilitate user story development
- Deliver specifications as agreed by the team including detailed requirements, data flow diagrams, business logic matrixes and executable text examples
- Work with testers to ensure adequate tests are captured
- Facilitate the defect triage process
Desired Skills and Experience
- High energy levels, with strong facilitation and verbal/written communication skills
- Exposure to agile methodologies
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
- An interest in software application design and technology
- A good academic record and degree
- Experience of the financial services industry a plus
The role is based in our development office in York with occasional national and International travel.