The Platform Engineer will lead and mentor colleagues in the technical buildout of a highly secure, redundant and operational cloud infrastructure during all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps methodology. They are responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing support of the production, UAT and Dev/Test services, applications and platform components within Azure Cloud. To be successful, the person in this role must have strong experience in Azure infrastructure and security solution architecture coupled with good decision-making, excellent communication skills, and enjoy working hands-on under pressure.
- Work closely with operations and software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools.
- Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Define monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and system.
- Provide 24x7 tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services; actively manage Service Desk tickets and respond to issues within targeted client SLA response times.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for internal service level objectives.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Platform Services. Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation.
- Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- Collaborate with InfoSec to ensure all SOC2 and ISO 27001 controls are met.
- Researching new technologies, processes, and methodologies.
- Mentor team members and lead by example.
- Participate in our Communities of Practice.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient understanding of Azure Cloud:
-Infrastructure services and networking.
-Container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
-Identity and access management (Azure AD, PIM)
-Application monitoring, auditing, and telemetry (App Insights, ELK etc.)
-Infrastructure-as-code concepts and tools (Terraform, ARM, Bicep etc.)
-Pipelines and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices\
-Cloud security best practices and tools (Security Center, Sentinel, Firewalls, WAF’s, DDoS Anti- Malware etc.)
Proficient understanding of scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Perl)
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Experience with full software development life cycle (SDLC), architecting scalable platforms, object-oriented programming (OOPs), database design and agile methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar technical degree.
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.