As part of the R&D organization, the Performance Testing Engineer will be a lead contributor in improving performance of our flagship ECOI product (Employee Conflicts of Interest), which is used by over 175 clients and over 500,000 users
Working collaboratively with the ECOI scrum teams, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures, and will be passionate about improving performance.
As we make the shift to Azure, you will be at the forefront of this transition, giving you the opportunity to help define and shape Star’s cloud performance testing strategy and roadmap. You will work with the QA Lead, Software Architect, Data Architect and scrum teams to implement the testing tooling and processes.
Star has a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We invest heavily in training of our R&D team through Pluralsight and industry-relevant certifications.
- Drive QA cloud performance testing strategy across R&D
- Proactively coach teams to build for performance by understanding test criteria
- Ensure testing is automated within the CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps
- Mentor and upskill other members of the R&D organization in cloud performance testing
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement cloud performance testing tooling and best practices
- Surface metrics to gain insights into our quality process and produce action-plans accordingly
- Contribute to Agile ceremonies with focused input to backlog refinement and estimations
- As we continue to grow our teams you may be asked to buddy with new starters
Skills AND Experience
- A proven track record automating the cloud performance testing of large-scale, enterprise level solutions in a commercial environment
- Deep working Azure experience
- Coding experience (preferably C#)
- Hands-on experience with cloud performance testing frameworks, e.g., Azure Application Insights, JMeter, Gatling
- Proven success in communicating with users, technical teams, and other stakeholders to collect requirements, describe performance decisions and strategy, and bring recommendations
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Passion for, and experience of investigating new technologies
- Coaching and mentoring
- Experience in microservices health monitoring using monitoring tools
- Relevant testing certifications, e.g., ISTQB
- Experience of Agile & Scrum
- Experience of integrating automated tests within a CI/CD pipeline
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Experience defining, implementing, or supporting software in financial services industry preferred
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.
StarCompliance is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.