You will play a key role in the delivery of our Data Team Roadmap. We are about to undertake the build of our first cloud-based data warehouse. You will be working with the Data Architect and wider team to implement the tooling and processes. As we make the shift to Azure, you will be at the forefront of this transition, giving you the opportunity to help deliver Star’s cloud deployment strategy.
At Star we have 9 Communities of Practice (COP) which span from Data, server-side engineering to DevOps, API and Architecture. As a Senior Developer you will learn from and contribute to the CoPs you join, and will have opportunities to apply your learnings day-to-day.
Star has a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We invest heavily in training of our engineers through Pluralsight and industry-relevant certifications.
- Build out our new data warehouse in Snowflake on top of Azure.
- Re-engineer our existing reference data platform.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement new ETL/ELT tooling.
- Create new dashboards for our products to allow customers to gain better insights.
- Create and maintain new CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps.
- Play a key role in all Agile ceremonies with particular input into backlog refinement and estimations.
- Look for ways to help others, whether this be through mentoring, pair programming or other approach to knowledge sharing.
- As we continue to grow our teams you may be asked to buddy with new starters.
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Experience developing large-scale, enterprise level data warehouse solutions in a commercial environment.
- Solid experience/knowledge of an enterprise level relational database management system (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Enthusiastic and passionate about technology.
- Self-organisation, effective planner and motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with internal technical staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to investigate and evaluate new technologies.
Desirable Skills or Experience
- Demonstrable experience using Cloud data technologies to develop enterprise Data platforms.
- Cloud certifications (Azure, AWS, GPC).
- Experience of Snowflake cloud data warehouse.
- Experience of BI tools such as Power BI.
- Experience of using message queues.
- Experience of Agile & Scrum.
- Experience of scripting (e.g. PowerShell or Python).
- Experience defining, implementing or supporting software in financial services industry.
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.