Junior Data Feeds Engineer
Open positions in Rockville, MD
Data Feed Engineers are an integral function within StarCompliance and work directly with Client Services, Professional Services, Development, Relationship Management and Sales. Technical knowledge is therefore paramount to this role as the knowledge is shared across many different departments. This position reports to the Data Feeds – Team Lead. Successful candidates will need to be passionate about the StarCompliance brand identity and understand the solutions that the company provides.
- Data feed administration
- Create and manage SFTP accounts and access permissions
- Liaising with client/brokers to establish new feeds
- PGP/GPG Encryption configuration
- File Import Monitoring
- Application of new file import packages / releases
- Creation and management of batch files to move/rename data feeds as needed
- Configuration and monitoring of MoveIT application
- Provide 2nd level major and minor incident resolution support regarding data feeds
- Demonstrate familiarity with the StarCompliance software application to understand and resolve technical issues
- Handle escalations around receiving daily and intraday file feeds
- Categorization / reporting of incidents to an agreed scale of impact/severity/priority
- Being pro-active on resolving operational alerts relating to file feeds
- Test files transmissions and importing into application
Desirable Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- SFTP Connectivity (experience with WS_FTP, MoveIt, FTPGetter, Filezilla)
- PGP/GPG encryption mechanisms including SSH Key pairs
- T-SQL – Entry level experience for troubleshooting data
- SSIS – Entry level experience
- SQL Server 2012/2016 – Entry level experience
- Exceptional time management skills toward managing priorities effectively.
- Strong attention to detail, methodical and organised.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships with offshore team members.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial services experience beneficial, but not essential.
Integrity and Ethics
- All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.