The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintaining a highly secure and operational infrastructure for the benefit of our customers, employees and stakeholders. This will include interactions with our third-party infrastructure partners. To be successful, the person in this role must have strong networking skills and technical knowledge with good decision-making, excellent communication skills, and enjoy working hands-on under pressure.
Production Support Duties:
- Resolve Client Technical Support Issues (Managed Service Desk)
- Manage priority of inbound support requests.
- Respond to client issues within targeted response times specified in SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- Communicate ticket status with team members and clients.
- Document in detail the resolution of each issue within our Service Desk ticketing system.
- 24x7 On-call Availability (rotating schedule).
Production, non-production and internal office infrastructure support of multi-tier web application environments, networks and enterprise systems that includes:
-Cloud technologies for Hybrid environments
-Configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the:
*Physical & Virtual Servers.
*VLANs, LANs, WANs, wireless networks, firewalls, switches, and routers.
*Active Directory, DNS, NAT, firewall rule tables and VPN.
*Web Application Firewalls.
*Vulnerability Management Solutions.
*Endpoint Protection and Patch Management solutions.
*Asset Management solutions.
*Network monitoring and security solutions.
*Disaster Recovery site.
- Ensuring infrastructure is up-to-date on all security and system patches and updates, including server operating systems, virus definitions, IT administrative applications, and infrastructure firmware.
- Maintaining client end point and systems inventories, network topology diagrams, and service catalogs for systems and infrastructure.
- Researching new technologies, processes, and methodologies.
- Responding to equipment incidents at the remote data centre facility.
- Mentor team members and lead by example.
- Participate in our Communities of Practice.
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with the following technologies/software/applications and tasks is required:
-Next Generation Firewalls and layer 3 switches (Cisco).
-Expert level understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP); IP filtering and firewalling; Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS); Quality of Service; MPLS; Ethernet (STP, RSTP, .1q VLANs.).
-Microsoft networking and products (AD, group policy, profiles, SQL, Exchange etc.)
-VMware, ESXi, vSphere, vCenter and Dell EMC storage appliances
Transferable Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- Azure, Azure AD and Azure Site Recovery
- Linux administration skills
- NGINX Load Balancer and WAF
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.