Star has an immediate opening in the United States (Remote) for a proactive, collaborative and systems-oriented Financial Analyst. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a matrix organizational structure, and during regular business hours within either the Central or Eastern time zones.
The analyst will provide support and analysis to finance and senior management with emphasis on key aspects of costing, P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cashflows. The analyst will work closely with the FP&A director, sales team and senior management to ensure reliability in planning tools including weekly sales reporting, monthly forecast updates and annual budget process. The candidate must be able to work independently, but remain an active part of the finance team and its goals. The work will include routine processes, projects, and adhoc reporting and analysis.
There are no boundaries on where this position can grow, and we routinely promote employees that show strong leadership and the ability to innovate. This position starts with routine planning and monthly close responsibilities for our global operations but is focused on driving better business decisions by creating action-oriented information for internal/external stakeholders. The ability to understand business needs and proactively communicate is fundamental to success in this position. If you love to work on cross-functional business issues and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by people like yourself, then we should talk.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage weekly sales forecast and develop strong understanding of the dynamic sales environment
- Oversee monthly reporting including customer sales variances, P&L forecast, working capital metrics, and profit and loss summaries
- Develop transactional detail tools to reconcile and support monthly management level reporting
- Provide support for operational and R&D efforts through KPI reporting
- Support audit process by working with teams to build and enhance support tools
- Responsible for financial analysis pertaining to costing and P&L activities (i.e. cost reduction, make/buy analyses, process improvements, variance analysis, ROI on CapEx, etc.)
- Prepare and coordinate annual budget, monthly P&L forecasts and weekly sales forecast
- Prepare and present financial information/metrics and trend/variance analysis to senior management on a monthly basis
- Provide insight to management on business and strategic issues/projects
- Monitor equipment operations and create ongoing process to assess contract performance
- Analyze working capital (DSO, DII, DPO, WCIR)
- Ensure compliance with Star accounting policies and procedures (SOX)
- Work closely with corporate controller to support the month-end accounting close process as requested by preparing journal entries, reports, and account reconciliations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-2 years of total accounting experience/less with advanced degree
- Understanding of cost accounting principles and concepts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet financial deadlines
- Advanced modeling skills within Microsoft Excel, and strong in PowerPoint and Word applications
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Must be a team player, resourceful, proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to travel upon request
- Systems experience a plus: NetSuite, Salesforce.com, PowerBI and Expensify
Integrity and Ethics
All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.
StarCompliance is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.