Open positions in York, England
As part of the Development Team, the Developer is ultimately accountable for creating a high quality software product. They are responsible for undertaking coding and development tasks, delivering software to company standards. The Developer is responsible for turning the Product Backlog items into Potentially Releasable Product increments at the end of every Sprint. The Developer will plan and execute and deliver their work according to the company’s pre-defined technical standards, respecting all governance, technical and quality standards as defined by the CTO, Infosec and any other requirements. While individual Team members might have specialised skills and areas of focus, all Developers contribute to each outcome, improving the quality of products and enhancing their team’s productivity. They are a ring fenced resource for their product team, working collaboratively with other team members across multiple geographies and time zones. They should take ownership of their professional development and continually update their technical knowledge and skills by means of peer knowledge transfer, internal and online resources and attending industry meetups.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Ensure agreed upon development processes, procedures and best practices are adopted and followed.
- Identify, communicate and help mitigate risks.
- Contribute to the coding and development of feature work.
- Ensure their skillset is kept up-to-date with the technologies that are employed at StarCompliance.
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge or Experience
- UX and UI Design
- Testing, including QA & Performance testing
- Business Analysis
- Database analysis
- Experience of working on enterprise level applications in a commercial environment
- Solid experience/knowledge of an enterprise level relational database management system (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience of working with the Microsoft .NET framework and development environment including C#, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate (or Entity Framework) and Visual Studio
- Experience of working with a version control system such as TFS, Git, CVS, etc.
- A good understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- All StarCompliance employees are expected to commit to a high standard of personal integrity and carry out their responsibilities in an ethical manner.