DBA/Technical Services Analyst
OPEN POSITIONS IN ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND
Responsibilities(with estimated % split – but subject to change based on operational priority)
Operational DBA (40%)
- Database administration of SQL Server Production and UAT instances.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 and 2016.
- Database authentication modes, creation of users, configuring permissions and assigning roles to users.
- Transact-SQL – Views, Stored Procedures and Scalar / Table functions.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, scheduling DTS and SSIS Packages.
- Indexing, statistics and performance tuning.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and optimizing the queries, tracing long running queries and deadlocks.
- Familiar with setting up and administrating various high availability and high resilience options including failover clustering, database mirroring and Always On.
- Provide 2nd level major and minor incident resolution support.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the StarCompliance software application to understand and resolve technical issues.
- Deployment of customer application specific patches / arrangements.Handle escalations around receiving daily and intraday file feeds.
- Categorization / reporting of incidents to an agreed scale of impact/severity/priority.
- Deliver agreed SLAs for uptime for servers.
- Being pro-active on resolving operational alerts.
- Travel to client locations within North America on an as-needed basis to install software and upgrades, as required.
- Assist clients with single sign-on authentication setup and testing.
- Test file transmissions and ETL process into application.
- Writing and modifying custom reports and data exports.
- Investigating application server issues including performance.
- Create and manage FTP accounts and access permissions.
- Able to investigate and implement automation of production service delivery.
- Support business analysts on software implementation projects, from sales demo and proof of concept through to UAT and production systems.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar technical role.
- Experience implementing and supporting multi-tier web applications on a Microsoft technology platform (SQL Server and IIS).
- Exceptional time management skills toward managing priorities effectively.
- Strong attention to detail, methodical and organised.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships with offshore team members.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial services experience beneficial, but not essential.
- T-SQL - Intermediate level experience (Stored Procedures / Scalar & Table functions)
- SQL Server 2012/2016 – Intermediate level experience
- Microsoft IIS 8.5+
- T-SQL - Advanced level experience
- SQL Server 2012 / 2016 - Advanced level experience
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Analysis Services
Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or similar.