**End of secondaryNav**>
Host your compliance software in-house, or choose to host with StarCompliance. Either way, your system gets its own dedicated database designed to keep your confidential information safe.
What are the technical specs for your software?
StarCompliance software is run on the Microsoft Windows Server. It's written in C# using the .net 3.5 framework within the Visual Studio Team Server and using an agile methodology.
Was your application developed in-house or by a third party?
Our software was (and is) developed in-house and does not use any third-party components. For security purposes, however, a third-party security company audits our code base and application.
Not finding the answers you're looking for call us on 1 301.340.3900 or Contact our team
Regulatory Compliance Software
StarCompliance's Regulatory Compliance Software solution offers a highly configurable single web-based application which leverages the expertise and experience built up over 12 year's immersion in the financial regulatory compliance domain. Our compliance software solution can be quickly deployed and implemented allowing you to enforce your Code of Ethics and monitor employee activities to detect and prevent employee conflicts of interest across the full range of regulatory compliance interests and concerns.
We have ensured our compliance software solution is scalable and can meet performance and data processing demands, whether you have 10 or 10,000 end users:
- Clean separation of data and business and presentation layers.
- Intutiive user interface design, which allows users to filter large data volumes for custom views.
- SQL Server Broker queues activities or long-running tasks to prevent system overload.
- Built-in task scheduler allows you to schedule processor-intensive tasks outside of business hours.
- SQL Server Integration Services processes large volumes of data quickly.
- Automatic caching and archiving to help manage data storage and performance.
- Use of SQL Server Analysis Services to process data warehouse requirements and link to our in-house reporting module.
You have specific and unique compliance requirements to satisfy and implement your adopted compliance policies and Code of Ethics. Star is highly configurable for monitoring and detection rules, surveillance definitions and conditions, reviewing, documents and forms, polirtical activity profiles, and e-mail alerting:
- Utilize a rich set of pre-defined rule types and embed your defined rule pre-conditions to create precise multi-parameter rules for Star's rules engine in active mode for automatic checking of employee requests and submissions to compliance.
- Configure surveillance definitions and run Star's rules engine in scheduled mode to monitor employee activity and detect suspicious activities in core compliance areas.
- Exploit templates and custom data uploads to control the layout, formatting, and data content of employee compliance documents, regulatory certifications, and outside business activity declarations.
- Use precise political activity configurations and define custom profiles to monitor the political activities of your high-risk employees.
- Create Review Level definitions and integrate these into rule definitions for close control of review initiation and review workflows.
- Enable automatic e-mail alerting for workflow stages in your compliance processes.
Security of your compliance data is of first importance. Star has been built and developed with a focus on security across the entire application: from password protection to hosting servers.